Bringing water to a small West African country and yoga may not seem a likely combination, but a New Britain Borough park will be the scene Sunday of a fundraiser to do just that.
The Wish Them Well yoga fundraiser is part of an effort to build wells in Togo, where access to clean water is rare, according to the nonprofit, which has built 23 wells in Africa since 2013. Each well costs $1,500 to build, the organization said.
Covered Bridge Park, at 263 Keeley Ave. in the borough, is hosting the event from 3 to 6 p.m. A minimum donation of $15 is required. Attendees should bring their own mats.
In Togo, women and children, most often girls, are tasked with finding water for their families. Their search for rivers and streams takes them miles from their villages, forcing them to spend hours every day away from school, instead looking for clean water, which they then must put in heavy containers and carry home.
Other articles you might like;
- A year after Arnold Palmer’s passing, Kit Palmer maintains loving memories of her husband
- ‘Ghostbusters’ Actress’ 5-Ingredient Smoothie Helps Her Shed Off Pounds
- Study links suicidal thoughts to brain inflammation
- Tamil Nadu set to launch yoga training in government schools
- How To Use The Law Of Attraction For A Specific Person