7. What advice can you give to people who can’t afford a personal trainer but want to stay fit?
“Here are some things to think about:
- Portion control
- Food sensitivities. Pay attention to what you eat and how you feel after you eat it.
- Drink enough water. Water is such a huge factor in optimal health.
- Limit sugar and sodium.
- Make sure you get a balanced breakfast. Don’t go to bed on a full stomach.”
8. What was Efron’s routine and diet? How did he get the abs?
“When I worked with Zac, we did a lot of carb rotation. Leading up to shirtless scenes, we would do carb depletion and carb loading — complex carbs like oatmeal, sweet potatoes, brown rice, quinoa.
One of my favorite ab exercises is hanging leg raises — as in hanging from a pull-up bar. The contraction you can get at the top of the movement, coupled with the full extension at the bottom of the movement . . . you just can’t get that in any other exercise.
Also, cable wood chops. And as much plank work as you can handle. If anyone is trying to do more abs, but still eating a sh*tty diet, it won’t work. True story.”
Image Source: Getty / Rachel Murray / Stringer