- Run at moderate pace (6/10) for 4 minutes.
- Run at a fast pace (8-9/10) for 2 minutes.
- Run at slow pace (4/10) for 2 minutes.
- Run at moderately fast pace (7/10) for 2 minutes.
- Repeat twice more, to a total of 3 times.
Thursday: Yoga cardio blend
- 1 min marching on the spot
- 1 mins alternating shallow reverse lunges (think speed, not depth)
- 1 min skipping lunge
- 1 min jogging on spot with arm circles
- 1 min shallow walking lunges
Repeat a total of three times before moving onto these four high calorie burning yoga moves…
Chair pose. From a standing position, bend knees, push hips back and squat down towards the floor as you extend arms into the air, palms facing forward. Hold for 5 deep breaths. Rest and repeat up to five times.
Warrior II. From a standing position, take a wide step out with right leg and bend knee to a 90-degree angle, foot also turned to the right. Your left leg is straight, foot turned slightly inwards. Reach arms out to sides, palms facing the floor. Rotate torso to the right looking forward. Inhale and exhale several times before repeating on the other side.
Warrior III. Stand with feet shoulder-width apart, lift right leg parallel to the floor before hinging forward from the waist. Maintain a slight bend in the left leg as you reach forward with arms – arms, upper body and right leg should all form a straight line. Switch sides after a count of 10. Slowly increase time to 30 seconds on each side.
Plank with arm raise. Assume push up position with weight distributed evenly between palms and balls of feet, with body forming a straight line. Reach your right arm forward and hold for a count of 3. Relax down and repeat on the other side. Do a total of 5 but slowly increase to 10. Switch sides.